Information on the current situation of the Covid-19
- We are 100% operational, it is safe to place your order.
- The first fundraising campaign we donated € 4,226
- We have launched the second campaign: 1 Order = € 1 against the Covid-19
- Free Shipping
- Free Returns
1 ORDER = 1€ AGAINST COVID-19
This summer will be different. That trip you planned, you probably won't be able to make it... We're very sorry, but if it's any consolation, we're in the same boat...
Like you, we love to travel, but for obvious reasons, it's no longer possible. The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak appears to be more stable, but we must not let our guard down.
That is why we at Miss Wood want to continue the fight against COVID-19 and launch the second fundraising campaign.
This time, for each order placed in our e-shop (no matter the amount), we will donate 1 € to the IRSICaixa Foundation which is doing an exceptional job to eradicate COVID-19 forever. Learn more about their work here.
It will not be long before we travel again and continue to explore the world, but first, we must protect the planet.
We have donated 4.226€
On March 14th, the Spanish government declared a state of emergency, which made us take two critical decisions for the company:
- We donate 10% of sales against COVID-19: For almost two months, (March 14 - May 9) we had an active fundraising campaign that consisted of giving 10% of sales of the entire website to the IrsiCaixa Foundation. It is a project led by scientists from the IrsiCaixa AIDS Research Institute, the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) and the Animal Health Research Center of the Institute of Agri-Food Research and Technology (IRTA-CReSA). The project focuses on developing antibodies, drugs and a vaccine against the current pandemic and as well as future coronavirus threats. Thanks to all the orders placed during this period, we managed to donate € 4.226. You can check the donation here.
- We had stopped shipping for 6 weeks. (March 14 - April 27) Our goal was to minimize mobility and not put more people at risk for shipping products not strictly necessary during this period. We like to think that we did our bit and that this action helped slow down the situation in hospitals. We determined that it was safe to restart the shipments when we saw that the contagion curve stabilized and that the children were once again allowed to go out on the street.
- Security: Our shipping companies follow rigorous prevention and health security measures for the delivery and collection of packages. So it is 100% safe to place your order at Miss Wood.
- Times: Delivery timeframe is 3/5 working days, but conditions can be altered from time to time due to the transport company's limitations. But don't worry, we will always be there to help you and give you all the information you need.
We don't want this to be a concern for you now. That is why we have decided to extend the return time until the state of emergency ends. Therefore, all orders placed during the state of emergency can be returned within the following 30 natural days once the state of emergency has ended.
We are 100% operational again. You can make your order with total normality; it is safe for you and us. In fact, by placing your order with Miss Wood, you will be supporting local trade during challenging times.
70% of the company is working from home. The Customer Service, Logistics, Design and Marketing departments operate as usual.
The remaining 30%, in charge of the production and preparation of orders, will observe the following protocol:
- We all wear gloves and a mask
- We take temperature controls every day when entering and leaving
- The hours have been reduced to an intensive day.
- Our warehouse (1200m2) allows us to maintain more than two meters distance between us.
- Loading and unloading of merchandise are done individually so as not to be in contact with other people.